My Blog List

2014-07-21

Hacoa Wasurena painted with Red Urushi!!!










Back in February, I was looking for a rather special base for my nanoblock Himeji castle (earlier post). As usual, I did a lot of search but I couldn't find what exactly I was looking for. Then I got an idea... a Hacoa Wasurena (earlier post) in square shape... perhaps even painted with urushi!

My contact in Hacoa was so kind that accepted my request to create such a unique item for me!!! I opted for red urushi (earlier post) as I wanted it to be truly special. Urushi-oil lacquerware is pretty special for Japanese people and in my opinion, a very fine example of Japanese craftsmanship.

On Friday, I received my custom Wasurena and I have to admit that it is by far the most special item I ever had!!! It is simply amazing, I cannot use any other words in order to describe it! The surface is so smooth and reflective like a mirror!!!

I consider myself as a very lucky man and it is truly an honor to possess such a special and beautiful item :-)

ハコア、本当にありがとう! ! ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment