My Blog List

2014-07-05

YOnoBI hana-sarasa and jomon lapton sleeves









I have recently bought a Sony Vaio Duo 13” as my MacBook Pro is about to retire and thus, I grabed this opportunity to buy a Sony laptop, before they disappear from the market. I opted for the Duo as I really liked its design, plus of course the fact that it is made in Japan!!!

Even before I bought my Vaio, I was searching for the perfect case/sleeve. I wanted something out of the ordinary, which would carry the “made in Japan” tag, while at the same time, it would have to reflect the Japanese craftsmanship.

A few days ago, I came across with the YOnoBI sleeves and my quest was over!!!

The award-winning, foldable laptop sleeve in traditional kimono fabrics was presented by the Japanese label YOnoBI at the Interior Lifestyle fair in Tokyo 2005. It was designed by designer Katja Hettler and architect Jula Tullmann who collaborated with Mizuta, a manufacturer of traditional Kimono fabric. 

Hana-sarasa is made of Edo Calico silk and comes in pink and green. Jomon is made of Ojiya Ramie Crepe linen. I still haven’t decided if I am going to buy one, as my laptop is a bit wider, but at least I have discovered the perfect sleeve :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment